Louis Catorze is bringing psycho back. Not that it ever really went away.
Latest habits include:
- Screaming when he wants to be stroked
- Screaming when he wants to play
- Screaming when hungry
- Screaming when not hungry
- Forcefully headbutting hands that ignore the screaming
- Stomping around the house at night (a small cat can be surprisingly noisy on wooden floorboards)
- Bouncing around on our bed whilst we are trying to sleep, doing that closed-mouth whine which is softer than a scream but which still wakes us up
- Knocking things off our bedside tables in the middle of the night
- Demanding wild play at times when we are busy doing other things and, when we finally give in and do the Dark Lord’s bidding, deciding that he no longer wants the play and walking away
Cat Daddy had the genius idea of taking him to the vet, but they’ll only say that there’s nothing wrong with him and that he’s just enjoying life.
Sadly we’re not – in fact, we are being run ragged with his behaviour – but, as any cat owner will confirm, it’s not about us.