Louis Catorze’s list of winter solstice gift recipients is mercifully short, due to the fact that he doesn’t really have any friends. There are a few characters to whom he likes to spread some festive cheer, although the reality is that he doesn’t mix with most of them or even know them at all. I think anyone who has ever had any kind of social media account can relate to this.
Anyway, Sa Maj’s “friends” are as follows:
- Oscar the dog (a Yorkshire terrier and the Flash Gordon to Louis Catorze’s Ming the Merciless)
- Cocoa the babysit cat (a larger and rather more photogenic version of Catorze, minus the scary teeth)
- Cat-Cousin Alfie (a tabby with a voice like a dog’s squeaky toy)
- Cat-Auntie Zelva (a black and white kitty who looks like Mr Potato Head from Toy Story)
- Nala the dog (the Cockapoo featured in this year’s Hallowe’en entry of Le Blog)
- Noah the dog (a Cavapoo who loves brass bands)
- Zoox, my workplace dog (a Hungarian wire-haired Vizsla – no, I had never heard of them before, either – with a knowing, almost-human face)
Cat Daddy: “But, of all these animals, he’s only actually met one. And that one hates him and wants him dead.”
C’est vrai. Zut.
I am the one who takes charge of the buying, because Cat Daddy doesn’t approve of gifts for pets. (“Bloody ridiculous! What the bloody hell is this world coming to?” is, I believe, what he said.) If you are around the same age as me, you will recall that, during our childhood, the only pet gifts available were one generic festive stocking for cats and one for dogs. That was it. Now, of course, things are different. Cat clothing, anyone? Novelty beds? Advent calendars? (I’m not joking: Google them.)
Anyway, as this time of year is all about thinking of others, we will be buying for the little sod’s friends but donating what would have been his gift money to Lilly’s Legacy, one of his favourite rescues. If you would like to do the same, their PayPal address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wishing you all the joys of the winter season, with love from me, Cat Daddy and Louis Catorze.
2 thoughts on “Le retour de l’hiver”
Merry Christmas to one and all!
Hugs, Teddy and Mom Pam
LikeLiked by 1 person
Love your garden tree and lights – so cosy to look out on to. And giving money to charity in lieu of gifts is brilliant – we try to do that, not for everything, but to a large extent, and encourage friends and family to do same, but some people are just addicted to getting “stuff” for Christmas 😦 Anyway, a Cool Yool to all of you and lots of love xxxxxx
LikeLiked by 1 person